More Useful Stuff
- +BUSTED: 6 Promises Weight Loss Pills Make That You Should Never Believe
- +Cut This One Thing Out Your Diet And You Won't Wake Up To Pee In The Night
- +The 5 Exercises Every Guy Should Master & Why
- +Doctors Make Mistakes. Here’s How to Help Them Get Your Diagnosis Right
- +Can Watching Porn Really Screw Up Your Relationship?
Muscular glutes make you stronger and leaner all over. In fact, a great rear can even reduce your risk of injury. Want to seem taller? Tighten your butt, stand up straight, and amaze all your followers. Bonus: you just fixed your posture too. Bulk up your backside – fast – with these three moves.
1/ Hip Thrust
This move teaches you to generate power from your hips instead of your lower back – the key to avoiding lifting injuries. Knock off 10 to 20 reps as a warmup before squats or deadlifts. Or do 3 to 5 sets of 10 to 20 reps with a heavy barbell. Be sure to tighten your glutes with every thrust.
2/ Kettlebell Swing
The swing is a total-body move that melts fat and trains you to activate your glutes. My favourite way to do it: pick a goal number of reps (say, 500) and complete them over the course of a day. Do 50 swings every hour. Or try a 25-minute workout of 20 swings every minute, on the minute.
A step-up is a natural movement that can help balance and improve the strength and mobility in your legs while you build strong glutes. I often end my workouts with 10 minutes of continuous alternating step-ups. That helps bulletproof my knees and builds killer lower-body stamina.