More Useful Stuff
- +4 Ways To Finish Up Every Single Workout. Every Single Time.
- +4 Health Hacks Women Already Know That You Should Too
- +These 6 Workouts Are Guaranteed To Give You A Flatter Stomach
- +Your Step-By-Step Guide To Winning Her Heart (Assisted By Science)
- +This. Right Here. Is What You'll Be Cooking All Summer Long
Muscular glutes make you stronger and leaner all over. In fact, a great rear can even reduce your risk of injury. Want to seem taller? Tighten your butt, stand up straight, and amaze all your followers. Bonus: you just fixed your posture too. Bulk up your backside – fast – with these three moves.
1/ Hip Thrust
This move teaches you to generate power from your hips instead of your lower back – the key to avoiding lifting injuries. Knock off 10 to 20 reps as a warmup before squats or deadlifts. Or do 3 to 5 sets of 10 to 20 reps with a heavy barbell. Be sure to tighten your glutes with every thrust.
2/ Kettlebell Swing
The swing is a total-body move that melts fat and trains you to activate your glutes. My favourite way to do it: pick a goal number of reps (say, 500) and complete them over the course of a day. Do 50 swings every hour. Or try a 25-minute workout of 20 swings every minute, on the minute.
A step-up is a natural movement that can help balance and improve the strength and mobility in your legs while you build strong glutes. I often end my workouts with 10 minutes of continuous alternating step-ups. That helps bulletproof my knees and builds killer lower-body stamina.