More Useful Stuff
- +One Of the Best Lower-Body Exercises On the Planet Just Got Even Better
- +This 5-Move Workout Will Get You Absolutely Shredded
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +How Much Of Your Body Build Can You Really Blame On Genetics?
- +This Is The Toughest Bodyweight Workout Your Upper Body Has Ever Encountered
Advanced martial artists all have one thing in common: devastating physiques. Here we show you how you can get the brutal muscular benefits of Capoeira and learn to execute The Humming Bird with deadly precision
Start from a classic cartwheel position (called an “au”). This is a deceptive movement that can be turned into a block or a kick depending on the circumstances. Check how much space you have beforehand. Don’t try this in your lounge.
Rather than completing the au, keep your eyes on your opponent and freeze your front hand. This forces your lead leg to kick overhead. Shoot your other leg in the opposite direction, so they’re as far apart as possible.
Your legs will act as counterweights, providing balance. Use the motion from your attacking kick to get back up gracefully, reversing your cartwheel and returning to the start. Pause for a second to wink at the crowd.
YOU NEED… upper-body strength
It’s basically a kick from a one-handed handstand, relying totally on your shoulders and arms. Prep for it with the Reverse Wall Walk. “It looks advanced but is actually an entry level technique” says Bombril, an instructor at the Capoeira Academy UK.
Do This: The Reverse Wall Walk