More Useful Stuff
- +This Is Your Soon-To-Be Favourite New Move
- +These 6 Workouts Will Cut The Flab, Give You A Flatter Stomach And Have You Looking Like A Cover Guy
- +Do These Workouts. Look Like This.
- +4 Ways To Finish Up Every Single Workout. Every Single Time.
- +These 6 Workouts Are Guaranteed To Give You A Flatter Stomach
Advanced martial artists all have one thing in common: devastating physiques. Here we show you how you can get the brutal muscular benefits of Capoeira and learn to execute The Humming Bird with deadly precision
Start from a classic cartwheel position (called an “au”). This is a deceptive movement that can be turned into a block or a kick depending on the circumstances. Check how much space you have beforehand. Don’t try this in your lounge.
Rather than completing the au, keep your eyes on your opponent and freeze your front hand. This forces your lead leg to kick overhead. Shoot your other leg in the opposite direction, so they’re as far apart as possible.
Your legs will act as counterweights, providing balance. Use the motion from your attacking kick to get back up gracefully, reversing your cartwheel and returning to the start. Pause for a second to wink at the crowd.
YOU NEED… upper-body strength
It’s basically a kick from a one-handed handstand, relying totally on your shoulders and arms. Prep for it with the Reverse Wall Walk. “It looks advanced but is actually an entry level technique” says Bombril, an instructor at the Capoeira Academy UK.
Do This: The Reverse Wall Walk