More Useful Stuff
- +Women Reveal The One Thing That Instantly Attracts Them To You
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Feel The Burn In Just 4 Minutes With This Insane Burpee Workout
- +Are Your Testosterone Levels Normal?
- +These Guys Revealed The One Thing They Would Do If It Wasn't Considered Too "Girly"
Hardy relishes physical, tough challenges. He built lean muscle to play an intimidating MMA fighter in Warrior, then bulked up some more to play the towering beast Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.
He used a scientific approach called “signalling” to build his MMA ready body, which involved doing the same 20-minute workout at least three times throughout the day.
Instead of doing 100 push-ups in one go, you do 30 in each of four workouts. And to bulk up to Bane, he used “The Bulk Matrix”, a brutal bodyweight regime designed by trainer Patrick Monroe.
One example: perform this push-up circuit four times, 10 reps each: diamond, square, rectangle, and eagle push-up.
Here’s a short vid about the training Hardy did for Warrior: