More Useful Stuff
- +How You Can Fall In Love With The Treadmill - Advice From A Guy Who Just Ran 80kms On One!
- +Do These 19 Exercises And You'll Carve A Rock-Hard Six-Pack
- +Add This Ultimate Plyometric Finisher Onto Your Next Workout For Explosive Gains
- +This Will Be The Hardest 60 Seconds Of Exercise You’ll Do All Week
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
Substitute your sports drink with a natural booster
Consuming sports beverages during extended exercise session might increase your performance, but not everyone likes them and they can be packed with a lot of artificial sweeteners.
The solution: a banana and a bottle of water according to a recent Appalachian State University Study.
They had 14 trained cyclists complete two separate 75km time trials while monitoring their physiology and performance. The cyclists had similar performance results when they consumed either a sports drink every 15 min or an equivalent amount of whole banana and plain water.