More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
- +10 Deadlifts You Can Do With Just a Pair Dumbbells
- +How Sam Heughan Forged A Body Worthy Of A Scottish Highlander
To get shredded like a bodybuilder, put your training on hold: isometric exercises can make the blood vessels feeding your muscles stand out, according to a British study.
Men who did isometric exercises (here’s The Ultimate Isometric Workout), which involve performing part of an exercise without movement – like holding the midway point of a biceps curl – increased the size of their arteries by 11%. What’s more, their blood pressure dropped.
The researchers think the exercises increased the nitric oxide in the participants’ blood. Do four sets of two-minute holds three times a week for eight weeks.