More Useful Stuff
- +This Your Goto Next Time Someone Drops The "But I Don't Have Time To Workout" Excuse
- +Listen Up: Here Are 4 Ways Your Brain Will Suffer If You Stop Working Out
- +This Is How You Will Avoid Gaining Weight This Festive Season
- +Undo The Damage Of A Day Of Sitting On Your Ass. In 30 Seconds!!
- +This Is Your Soon-To-Be Favourite New Move
To get shredded like a bodybuilder, put your training on hold: isometric exercises can make the blood vessels feeding your muscles stand out, according to a British study.
Men who did isometric exercises (here’s The Ultimate Isometric Workout), which involve performing part of an exercise without movement – like holding the midway point of a biceps curl – increased the size of their arteries by 11%. What’s more, their blood pressure dropped.
The researchers think the exercises increased the nitric oxide in the participants’ blood. Do four sets of two-minute holds three times a week for eight weeks.