More Useful Stuff
- +4 Ways To Finish Up Every Single Workout. Every Single Time.
- +4 Health Hacks Women Already Know That You Should Too
- +These 6 Workouts Are Guaranteed To Give You A Flatter Stomach
- +Your Step-By-Step Guide To Winning Her Heart (Assisted By Science)
- +This. Right Here. Is What You'll Be Cooking All Summer Long
A farmer’s walk will give you a tighter, stronger core. By repositioning where you hold the weights, however, the exercise can also give you bigger, broader, and more chiseled shoulders.
The three carries shown in the video above will work your entire shoulder girdle and will shore up any weaknesses you have in the joint, says Men’s Health Fitness Director B.J. Gaddour.
Do them as a finisher to your regular workout, or just perform them as a mini-workout when you don’t have a lot of time.
Directions: Perform the following shoulder-loaded carries in a row for the prescribed amount of time.
1. Front-loaded carry, 30 seconds
2. Side-loaded carry, 30 seconds
3. Overhead carry, 1 minute (Your shoulders are strongest in the overhead position, so the time is doubled to add more of a challenge.)
That’s 1 round. Rest 1 minute. Do 3 total rounds.