More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +10 Deadlifts You Can Do With Just a Pair Dumbbells
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +9 Ways to Shred Your Core Using Only a Pullup Bar
Just starting out in the gym? Use these three moves to get yourself going…
Single-arm dumbbell row
Hold a dumbbell in one hand as you bend forward at your hips with your knees bent. In a rowing motion, pull the weight up, leading with your shoulder blade by pulling it back and down. Do 10 reps on each side.
Co-contraction split squat with offset press
Stand in a split stance, holding a dumbbell at your shoulder on the same side as your back leg. Slowly lower into a split squat while pressing the dumbbell overhead. Return to the starting position. Do 10 reps on each side.
Push-up to single-arm support
Do a regular push-up. At the top of the push-up, lift one arm and hold for three seconds. Return your hand to the floor and do another push-up, lifting the other arm for three seconds. Do 10 reps with each arm.
Source: Bill Hartman, personal trainer.