More Useful Stuff
- +4 Ways To Finish Up Every Single Workout. Every Single Time.
- +4 Health Hacks Women Already Know That You Should Too
- +These 6 Workouts Are Guaranteed To Give You A Flatter Stomach
- +Your Step-By-Step Guide To Winning Her Heart (Assisted By Science)
- +This. Right Here. Is What You'll Be Cooking All Summer Long
The single-leg calf raise done with a slow, controlled tempo and for an extended time-under-tension is a remarkable muscle-builder for the lower legs. Perform them off of an incline bench (or low box/step) to extend the range of motion for more muscle and mobility gains.
It’s also great for helping with balance to keep the reps continuous. BJ recommends mixing between the following 3 tempos from session to session or even within the same workout: eccentric, isometric, and continuous. For the eccentric tempo, you take at least 3 seconds on the lowering portion of the rep. For the isometric tempo, you squeeze for a max