More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +This Is How Long Sex Actually Lasts For Most Couples
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
The single-leg calf raise done with a slow, controlled tempo and for an extended time-under-tension is a remarkable muscle-builder for the lower legs. Perform them off of an incline bench (or low box/step) to extend the range of motion for more muscle and mobility gains.
It’s also great for helping with balance to keep the reps continuous. BJ recommends mixing between the following 3 tempos from session to session or even within the same workout: eccentric, isometric, and continuous. For the eccentric tempo, you take at least 3 seconds on the lowering portion of the rep. For the isometric tempo, you squeeze for a max